News Release: IRS Unveils New People First Initiative 3/26/2020
To help people facing the challenges of COVID-19 issues, the IRS announced today a sweeping series of steps to assist taxpayers by providing relief on a variety of issues ranging from easing payment guidelines to postponing compliance actions. Please share this with your members, staff, clients, colleagues and anyone who may benefit from this information.
We encourage you to share this info on social media, and I’ve attached some graphics and included some of the IRS tweets you can use:
- Given the #COVID19 outbreak, #IRS is suspending compliance programs temporarily to ease the burden on people facing tax issues. See www.irs.gov/coronavirus
- Due to the #COVID19 outbreak, #IRS is postponing payments related to Installment Agreements and Offers in Compromise and limiting other enforcement actions. See www.irs.gov/coronavirus
- #IRS will temporarily suspend many collections and enforcement activities as soon as possible. See details at: www.irs.gov/coronavirus
- In addition to extending tax deadlines and working on two new tax credits, #IRS will temporarily suspend many collections and enforcement activities. See www.irs.gov/coronavirus
- #IRS is easing the burden on people facing tax issues. In addition to extending tax deadlines and working on two new tax credits, we’ll temporarily suspend many collections and enforcement activities. See www.irs.gov/coronavirus
- #IRS is taking several steps to assist taxpayers in various stages of the Offers in Compromise process. See www.irs.gov/coronavirus
- A new #IRS People First Initiative provides immediate relief to help people facing uncertainty over taxes. See details at: www.irs.gov/coronavirus
I know there is a lot of information out there and I want to ensure you have the most current information for yourself, your business and organization so you are able to keep your employees, clients and members informed.